When you use Ski current logistics, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
This notice applies to users of ski current services anywhere in the world, including users of Ski current apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Ski current logistics and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice, This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
- Partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Ski current logistics to provide, delivery individually or through partner logistics companies
- Delivery recipients: individuals who request or receive goods, or other products and services
- Delivery partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Ski current to provide, delivery or other services
- Renters: individuals who rent JUMP bicycles or scooters, or other light electrical vehicles or devices (collectively, “Rental Devices”), through an Ski current logistics app.
This notice also governs Ski current’s other collections of personal data in connection with Ski current services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Ski current logistics for Business customers or of owners or employees of Ski current Eats restaurant partners, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
Ski current collects:
- Data provided by users to Ski current logistics, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Ski current partners and third parties that use Ski current APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Ski current logistics:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Uber accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes machines or insurance information of riders and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by riders and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for riders and delivery partners. This may include information such as rider history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Ski current behalf. We also collect identity verification from Ski current Eats users who request alcohol delivery.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Ski current logistics customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or restaurant partners, or otherwise contact Ski current logistics. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For riders and delivery partners, Ski current logistics collects this data when the Ski current app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. For riders, delivery recipients, and renters, Ski current collects this data when the Ski current app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Ski current may also collect this data when the Ski current app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. Riders, delivery recipients, and renters may use the Ski current apps without enabling Ski current to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the Ski current apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a rider or rental device during a trip will be linked to the rider’s or renter’s account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Ski current through Ski current’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable riders, and restaurants or delivery partners and delivery recipients, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Ski current receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Ski current may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- Rental devices data: We collect data generated by rental devices, such as bicycles, scooters, or other light electric machines or devices, when they’re in use. This includes the date and time of use, and the location, route, and distance traveled. To the extent permitted by law, the location data collected from the rental device during the trip will be linked to the renter’s account, even if they have not enabled Ski current to collect location data from their mobile device.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Ski current logistics account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Ski current for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Ski current logistics business partners through which users create or access their Ski current account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Ski current’s APIs or whose APIs Ski current uses.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for riders and/or delivery partners.
- Partner transportation companies (for drivers or delivery partners who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Ski current may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Ski current collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
Ski current does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Ski current uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. Ski current uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update user's accounts.
- Verify riders’ and delivery partners’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when riders submit a compliment about a driver, when delivery recipients provide feedback for a restaurant or delivery partner, refer a friend to Ski current, split fares, or share ETA and location with their contacts.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and enable receipt of flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications on their mobile device.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening riders, drivers, and delivery partners before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- Using data from drivers’ or delivery partners’ devices to help identify unsafe delivery behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer delivery practices. We also use data from delivery partners’ devices to verify the type of bikes they used to provide deliveries.
- In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to Ski current, for safety and security purposes. This includes Ski current’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers and delivery partners to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the rider or delivery partner using the app matches the Ski current account we have on file. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating drivers and delivery partners with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain areas.
3. Customer support. Ski current uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6. Marketing. Ski current may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Ski current services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Ski current partners. For example, if a user has placed an Ski current Pickup order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar offered by other Ski current partners. Although we may send users communications about Ski current partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Ski current’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, Ski current has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of Ski current’s services in those users’ areas.
7. Non-marketing communications. Ski current may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Ski current or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Ski current’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a delivery fee for Ski current orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Ski current at a given moment.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Ski current logistics, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing Ski current’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
- Using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such adjustment, please contact Ski current customer support.