We understand the importance of our Customer’s privacy, and we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. We take reasonable care to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal information and use personal information we collect in accordance with strict procedures. We have set out below some important information about the personal information we may hold about you, and how we use it.
1. Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. It can be anything such as your real name, address and telephone number, date of birth, email address, bank details and posts on social networking websites, medical information, and other unique identifier such as but not limited to MAC address, IP address, IMEI number, IMSI number, SIM and others.
COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
1. The personal data we may collect, store and use include but is not limited to the following:
a. Information such as your name, email address, phone number, state, address, city etc, which you provide to us when registering/logging into our site or which you provide of other parties such as friends or family when shipping to them or their addresses.
b. Information that you provide when completing your profile on our site or when speaking to any of our customer representatives which include your name, gender, date of birth, photograph etc. please note that we may document a copy of your communication and may seek further information so as to verify your identity.
c. Information on the standard web log information during your use of this site, information which includes your password, device ID and type, IP address, geo-location information, browser type and version, ad data, time zone setting, operating system, referral source, date and length of visit, page views, purchase history and navigation paths, other statistics etc.
d. Information you provide to us when using the services on our site, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services such as your financial and credit card information.
e. Information given in the framework of products and services purchased, charge and delivery information, dispute and complaint records and communications between users.
f. Information which you may provide us through social media platforms or which we may periodically collect about existing and potential users, through trade shows, events and other occasions. This includes, representative contact information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses etc.
g. Information such as contact details and other information you give to us including resumes you may submit through our career page, for the purposes of verifying and carrying out proper diligence on you.
h. Information collected through cookies, web signals, tools and any other personal information you choose to send to us.
2. Please note that before you disclose to us the personal data or information of another party, you must obtain that party's approval to the disclosure and the dispensation of that personal information, in accordance with this policy.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Primarily, we collect and store data about you to help us provide better service and products to you. The following are purposes we may use your information for, this use includes but is not limited to:
a. Fulfil request relating to our service and product as contracts we make with you create a commitment which may require contact or use of your information to ship your items to you.
b. Provide services and enable your use of such services on our site by uncomplicated access to our services and help we provide through our customer support contact channels through means of chats, e-mail, social media or telephone.
c. Gather analysis or valuable information that will enable us to improve our services.
d. Carry out market research and analysis on our current products and services and future developments.
e. Communicate with you about how to use the service and notify you of changes to our website, products or services that could affect our service to you, notifications about special offers and updates.
f. Deal with and resolve enquiries, disputes and complaints made by or about anyone or in relation to our site.
g. Detect, prevent and address technical issues and help keep our site secure and free of fraud, illegal activities and security breaches.
h. Provide customer support, assess and improve our services, content andadvertisements relevant to you.
i. Prevent and detect criminal activities, fraud, misuse or damage to our network and prosecute and sue those responsible. We may provide information in response to requests from authorised law enforcement agencies.
2. New consumers can be contacted by our website or third parties only if consent has been granted, and only for those communications you have granted.
3. We will not, without your express consent, give your personal data to any third party for the purpose of their direct marketing.
DISCLOSING AND PASSING ON OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We may divulge your personal information to any of our staff, insurers, consultants, group members, agents, merchants or subcontractors including such entities as subsidiaries, partner companies, holding companies and their subsidiaries in so far as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
2. A sale of our business or its assets, in full or part to a third party may require personal data sharing/passing on.
3. We may divulge your personal information to any authorized agency for investigative purposes.
4. We may divulge your personal information for reasons which include but is not limited to:
a. the extent that we comply with legal obligations or a court order that we are required to do by law.
b. Where it is necessary in the connection of any on-going or prospective legal proceedings that will aid identify, avert and/or prosecute illegal, fraudulent and criminal acts.
c. In order to ascertain, implement or preserve our policies or to protect the privileges, rights and freedom of others.
d. any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
e. other users whom you have given the approval (express or implied) to share your information in connection with the facilitation of purchases and communications made between you and the other users.
f. third party right owners, service providers and/or associates working with us to provide services to you or who otherwise process personal information in our legitimate interest for reasons expressed in this Policy.
g. logistics and custom agents for the purpose of clearance of your goods and delivery of same and our financial services provider for payment transactions, requests and issues. Please note that activities of these parties may be governed by their own privacy policies.
h. marketing and advertising platforms, such as Google, social media platforms and providers of analytics services relating to users’ behaviour, in order to modify the content, you see when on our site. The acts of these third-party marketers are governed by their own privacy policies.
5. All our financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our site.
6. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
1. In connection with the facilitation of transactions, purchases and payments over our Platform, you will be asked to provide certain payment information. This might include bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheques or money orders to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the site.
2. While we ensure the security of your card information supplied to us, no representative of SKI CURRENT LOGISTICS will ever ask you for your password. You are advised to activate the card secure tool provided by your Bank or Financial Institution and not to divulge your password to a third party. This is an additional safety guard to ensure the security of your funds at any given time.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
1. Data Protection Officer for SKI CURRENT LOGISTICS (email@example.com) SKI CURRENT LOGISTICS
2. If you have queries with regards to the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer
1. We take due care in ensuring that personal information provided by you is retained and processed in a manner that ensures that this information is accurate, relevant and current for the purpose for which it is to be used for.
1. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive that helps us to provide products and services to you. A cookie file stored in your web browser allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and more useful to you.
2. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate should you desire, when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP USERS DATA
1. We usually retain user data or personal information on our server or in our records for as long as is necessary. However, we may modify this procedure according to changing needs. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies and may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. Additionally, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
SECURITY AND THIRD-PARTY SITES PRIVACY
1. The security of your Personal Information is important to us thus it is essential to note that this Site may contain links to other parties websites to which we are not responsible for the practices or the content of such sites, this includes those of our business partners, vendors on our sites and any other third parties, despite such sites being linked to our site.
2. Note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.